Cauliflower Lentil StewCourse: Main Dishes, One Pot MealsCuisine: Indian, VegetarianDifficulty: Easy
This little one-pot-wonder is great when you are in a hurry but still want to keep your healthy diet.
1 cauliflower (approx. 800g)
80 g dry dates
2 tbsp. coconut oil
200g red lentils
1 tbsp. curry powder
2 tsp instant vegetable broth
3 stems cilantro
200g Greek Yogurt
1 tbsp. food starch
- Clean and wash the cauliflower and divide into small florets. Wash and peel the carrots, halve lengthways, and cut into pieces.
- Halve the dates lengthways and cut into slices.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Sprinkle in the curry powder and gently sauté for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower, carrots, and sauté. Add the lentils, dates, and sauté briefly. Pour in 500ml water, bring to the boil, stir in the broth and simmer over medium heat for approx. 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Wash the cilantro, dab dry, pluck off the leaves.
- Mix 150g of yoghurt with the starch. Stir the yoghurt into the lentils, season with salt and pepper.
- Put the remaining yoghurt in a dollop on the lentil pan and sprinkle with coriander greens.
- Usually, I accompany this dish with brown basmati rice.