Celery Parsnip SoupCourse: Salads and SoupsCuisine: Mediterranean, GermanDifficulty: Easy
This is another soul soup for chilly autumn and winter months and a nice starter for a special dinner with friends.
250 g Parsnips, peeled and diced roughly
200 g Celeriac, peeled and diced roughly
1 Shallot, peeled and diced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tsp butter
300 ml Vegetable broth
50 ml White wine (optional)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
250 g Sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon black sesame seeds for the decoration
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter. Sauté the vegetables together with the diced shallots over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with wine, bring to a boil, and pour in the vegetable broth. Cover and simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes. Then finely puree the soup with the hand blender.
- Add the cream and lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Decorate with black sesame seeds.
- CELERY ROOT, also known under the name celeriac, contains antioxidants that help combat inflammation, and it’s also a good source of vitamin B-complex, vitamin C and vitamin K. What’s more, it has high amounts of dietary fiber, including prebiotic fiber, which help promote gut and heart health. Plus, it’s got essential minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, manganese, iron, zinc, and calcium.