Choco Loco Cereal BowlCourse: Breakfast and SmoothiesCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
If you LOVE the taste of chocolate, then this is the ultimate healthy breakfast option for you. Especially during the cold seasons, it warms your belly, comforts you and is soooo delicious!
0.5 ripe banana, sliced
4 tbsp (40g) rolled oats
1 tbsp of ground flaxseeds
1 tbsp of ground hazelnut or ground almond
1 tsp of Choco- Nibs
1 tsp of pure chocolate powder
1 pinch of ground cinnamon
1 pinch of ground cardamon
1 tsp nut butter of your choice (cashew, almond…) or coconut oil
1 cup unsweetened hot oat milk (or soy milk, if you wish to increase your intake of flavonoids)
- Mix all the ingredients and leave for a few minutes to thicken.
- OATS boost digestion with their dietary fiber. The vitamins and minerals contained in the oat flakes also make porridge a valuable component of a healthy diet. Adding fruit further increases fiber, vitamin, and mineral content.
- ALMONDS can be very helpful during menopause. The healthy fat found in almonds can help to counteract the drying effects that many women experience with low estrogen levels. They also contain minerals and vitamins, such as vitamin E complex, manganese and copper that help to promote heart health.
- FLAXSEEDS are highly beneficial during menopause. They contain Omega 6 AND Omega 3 fats. Omega 6 fats help prevent blood cloths, reduce inflammation and pain in the joints. Omega 3 oils can help to lower our blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart disease, increase immune functions and much more. They are also rich in lignans, a type of phytoestrogens. The regular consumption of lignans has been associated with lower risk of breast cancer, ovaries, uterus, prostate, and colon. Linseeds also stimulate our bowel and alleviate constipation.
- CACAO POWDER is packed with flavonoids. These nutrients that have been shown to help lower blood pressure, improve blood flow to the brain and heart, and aid in preventing blood clots. The flavonoids in cacao powder may help increase insulin sensitivity, reducing your risk of diabetes.
- CACAO NIBS contain many antioxidants, flavonoids, healthy fats as well as iron, protein, magnesium, potassium, and fiber and are therefore a healthy choice for your oatmeal.