CLAFOUTISCourse: DessertCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
Clafoutis is originally a French dessert. You can adapt it to your season and use apples, pears or apricots instead. Just make sure to cut the fruit small enough! If I prepare it in the cold season, I like to add some cinnamon and clove powder.
1 tsp sea salt
0,5 tsp vanilla essence
300ml soy milk
2 tbsp honey
450g drained tart cherries (alternatively pears, apples, apricot, cut in small pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Grease a shallow baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, milk, eggs and honey to a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish, distribute the cherries (or other fruit) evenly all over the batter and bake for 35 – 40 minutes, until it looks puffy and golden brown.
- This cake must be served warm. You can add some whipped cream.
- CHERRIES are high in vitamin C and magnesium. Magnesium helps calm the body’s stress response by preventing the release of stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline. Vitamin C is an essential antioxidant and vitamin for creating and regulating hormones such as estrogen and progesterone.
- Soymilk contains phytoestrogens and may reduce hot flashes during menopause, among many other benefits.