CRUNCHY STUFFED BAKED APPLESCourse: DESSERTS, BAKED GOODIESDifficulty: EASY
As the first chilly days of autumn settle in, I’m embraced by a sense of coziness. It’s a feeling that perfectly complements these delectable baked apples, reminiscent of individual apple crisps. They’re a harmonious blend of soft, crunchy, and sweet – a delectable treat for the autumn season or any time of year.
4 baking apples (Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Golden Delicious)
1 cup chopped pecans
½ cup shredded coconut
¼ cup honey
¼ cup coconut oil
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp clover
¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8×8 casserole dish with cooking spray or butter and set aside.
- Cut the apples in half, remove the core with a melon baller or a similar tool.
- Combine the shredded coconut, honey, oil, spices, pecans, and salt in a small bowl.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the pecan crumble onto the apple halves.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the apples are tender but not mushy.
- Serve the apples warm with any additional accompaniments and enjoy!