Green Goddess SmoothieCourse: Breakfast and SmoothiesCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
This is one of my favourite smoothies when I am on detox.
1 cup coconut water
0,25 cup Kefir
0,25 cup plant-based milk
1 scoop plant-based protein powder
1 tbsp seed-mix (flaxseeds, chia seeds, hempseeds)
1 cup kale, spinach, or Swiss chard
1 cup cauliflower rice
0,5 cup ripe kiwi
Juice of 0,5 lemon
1 tsp chlorella powder
A few ice cubes
- Place ingredients into your blender. Do this in the order they are listed. Blend until smooth (maybe you need to pause halfway and scrape down the sides). If smoothie is too thick to your liking, you may add additional milk by 1/4 cup.
- If you wish for a sweeter taster, add some drops of liquid stevia.
- COCONUT WATER contains fiber, protein, vitamin C, and minerals such as magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium, and calcium. It is very rich if you add a little limejuice and some ice cubes. Coconut water is an elixir of electrolytes. These are minerals with an electrical charge. In addition, electrolytes may be present in your blood, urine and sweat. They are essential to various processes that keep your body going. For example, electrolytes are necessary for the proper functioning of your nerves and muscles. Electrolytes also help to maintain your body’s environment. They do so by keeping you hydrated and maintaining your internal pH. Potassium, sodium, and magnesium are the electrolytes that play a significant role in the allure of coconut water. And coconut water can also boost hydration.
- A combination of vitamin K, calcium, magnesium and vitamin D is important for strong bones and therefore especially for the prevention of osteoporosis in post-menopausal women. And especially the first three – vitamin K, calcium and magnesium are found in dark green and leafy greens. Like Swiss chard, kale, broccoli, spinach, and lettuce.
- KIWI is full of vitamin C, which supports your immune system, vitamin K, which is great for bones, especially in menopause, carotenoids and many antioxidants.
- CHLORELLA is a wonderful ingredient if you are on detox, as it can bind and eliminate heavy metals like mercury, lead, nickel and aluminium. It can also detoxify food preservatives, artificial flavourings and colourings from the body. Chlorella also turns on the body’s natural detoxification switch by increasing the body’s production of glutathione.