Grilled cuttlefish with tuna saladCourse: Main DishesCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
This healthy dish is perfect when you want to lose weight and when you have little time to cook. It is important that you defrost the cuttlefish overnight and dab it well with kitchen paper so that it does not lose too much liquid when frying. This way it gets yummy golden brown.
800 g Cuttlefish fresh or defrosted
Lettuce washed and cut
1 small onion, chopped
2 cans of tuna in own liquid (not in oil)
1 bunch of chopped fresh parsley
Juice of 0.5 lemon
3 crushed garlic cloves
1 tsp yellow mustard
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (1 for the pan, 1 for the salad)
Herbal salt Dr. Vogel or other herbal salt to taste
- Wash the cuttlefish and remove unwanted pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan or on the griddle, add the garlic and fry a little. When the pan is very hot, add the cuttlefish. Let fry until golden brown. If too much liquid comes out, remove it.
- Wash and dry the lettuce. Prepare the vinaigrette:
- Cut the onion into small pieces; add the lemon juice, a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, herb salt to taste and a little yellow mustard.
- Mix with the tuna and add the lettuce.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the cuttlefish and serve.
- usually have my cuttlefish with brown basmati rice or quinoa.
- Remember, for weight loss you may only eat two tablespoons of carbohydrates – approx. 30g
- Both TUNA AND CUTTLEFISH are foods rich in protein of great value, in addition to their content in Omega 3 fatty acids, with a high anti-inflammatory effect.
- WHOLE BASMATI RICE helps us reduce cholesterol, provides essential amino acids and complex carbohydrates. Its contribution of fiber helps us prevent constipation.
- LETTUCE (except the iceberg variety) has diuretic properties and is a vegetable that helps combat fluid retention. Thanks to its quercetin content, it reduces the risk of heart disease.
- GARLIC contains properties that inhibit cancer and consumption of onion can prevent osteoporosis.