Happiness SmoothieCourse: Breakfast and SmoothiesCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
This shake is great when you want to pamper yourself a little… when the sky is gray in the morning and you need to cheer yourself up, or when a hectic day awaits you and you need energy to gather strength and succeed with joy.
1,5 cups soy milk (without added sugar)
1 tbsp cashew butter (or any other nut butter)
1 scoop plant-based protein powder
2 tsp seed-mix (flaxseeds, chia seeds, hempseeds)
1/3 cup zucchini, grated
1 cup cauliflower rice, frozen
1 tbsp natural cacao powder
1 pinch cinnamon powder
1 pinch cardamom powder
- Place ingredients into your blender. Do this in the order they are listed. Blend until smooth (maybe you need to pause halfway and scrape down the sides). If smoothie is too thick to your liking, you may add additional milk by 1/4 cup.
- If you like it sweeter, add a few drops of liquid stevia.
- The combination of dark chocolate, banana and soy milk has many benefits for those of us who are in full menopause. The banana provides us with potassium, tryptophan against stress, vitamin B6 for fatigue; soy milk contains phytoestrogens that can reduce hot flashes; Cacao is a great source of antioxidants, it protects our heart, regulates our cholesterol, improves the functioning of our brain and, above all – IT MAKES US HAPPY, because it stimulates the release of serotonin and endorphins in our body.
- In summer, i prefer to add some ice cubes to have my smoothie chilled.
- Tip: Frozen cauliflower rice, frozen, ripe banana and zucchini are among my basic freezer / fridge ingredients. I use them for many dishes. Have a look at my blog about basic pantry ingredients for women in menopause.