Homemade Granola Oriental StyleCourse: Breakfast and SmoothiesCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
If you love oriental spices, then this is the ultimate breakfast or snack option for you. Mix it with your favorite vegan milk, with natural yogurt or yummy seasonal fruit option! Oh, and it leaves your kitchen with a wonderful, cozy fragrance of roasted nuts.
Ingredients for 1 big jar
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup almonds
1 cup hazelnuts
1 cup pecan nuts
1 cup walnuts
1 cup pumpkin seeds
0,5 cup flaxseeds
0,5 cup sesame seeds
0,5 cup chia seeds
0,5 cup coconut flakes
0,5 cup cocoa nibs
1 tbsp ground turmeric
1 tbsp ground cardamom
4 tbsp agave nectar
3 tbsp coconut oil
- Place all dry ingredients in a food processor and chop on medium level for 5 seconds or until you reach the desired consistency. Some love thicker chunks in their granola, others prefer it finer.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil along with the agave syrup.
- Slowly add this mixture to your granola mix while stirring until all the dry ingredients are coated with the coconut oil agave syrup mixture.
- Pour your granola onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 180º for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes, you should turn the mixture so that everything can bake well and all moisture escapes.
- Allow the granola to cool thoroughly before placing in a dry, airtight glass container.
- TIP: BE CREATIVE! You can also add organic cacao powder, dried fruit like apricots, dates or raisins to your granola, once it has cooled down. Just have in mind that dried fruit will increase the sugar content.
- This is also a great homemade gift for Christmas or any other occasion.