Mediterranean PestoCourse: Dips u0026 SpreadsCuisine: Mediterranean, VeganDifficulty: Easy
In my opinion, this pesto is a very versatile ingredient. I use it with my avocado sandwich, in salad dressings, as pizza topping, as a quick pasta solution, plain on toast or as seasoning for my oven baked veggie platter. It is also handy if you need a small gift.
The given ingredients are for a small screw-top jar (approx. 125 g).
50 grams of basil
1 sprig of thyme
1 sprig of rosemary
1-2 garlic cloves
60 ml extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
- To store the pesto, rinse a screw-top jar with boiling hot water and leave to dry.
- Put the herbs with the stalks in a sieve and wash, drain and carefully shake dry. Peel and halve the garlic cloves. Put the olive oil in a stand mixer or high-speed mixer, add a little salt and garlic. Pluck or strip the leaves from the stalks and add them. Mix everything well.
- Pour the pesto into the jar. It should be slightly runny.
- Always keep the pesto covered with a little oil. It will keep fresh in the fridge in for about 3-4 weeks.
- Nutritional values per serving (approx. 25 g): 112 kcal, 1 g carbohydrates, 12 g fat, 0.4 g protein, 0.4 g fiber