One-Pot Persian KebabCourse: Main Dishes, One Pot MealsCuisine: Persian, Middle EasternDifficulty: Easy
This is one of my favorite foods – it’s quick and easy to make, delicious and full of healthy ingredients. On top, you can freeze it. Usually, this kebab is prepared on skewers and over charcoal. This is the quick version for fabulous women.
750g ground turkey
750g ground beef
Seasoning for the meat:
2 medium-sized red onions, peeled and quartered
1 ripe tomato, quartered
1 tablespoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon of black pepper
2 teaspoons sea salt
12-15 Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
20 small green peppers ( optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Put all the ingredients for the seasoning in a blender and puree it finely.
- Blend this mixture with the ground beef.
- Grease a casserole dish with a little olive oil and spread the meat evenly.
- Bake the meat on the middle shelf for about 20 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown.
- In the meantime, fry the green peppers on low heat until they start to soften. Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on top of the meat and let everything bake for another 15 minutes.
- Add the green peppers and serve hot.
- The ground beef, ground turkey and eggs provide us with proteins, B vitamins and important minerals.
- The tomatoes contain lycopene, which may help against hot flashes, while the onions support our liver and balance our hormones.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric may help to manage joint pain and hot flashes. The small green peppers are a good source of beta-carotene, vitamin C, E, B6 and folate.
- I usually combine our Kebab with a mix of brown basmati rice and red lentils, in order to increase my fiber intake, add some phytoestrogens and thus, balance my blood sugar.