Red Pepper & Walnut SpreadCourse: Dips u0026 SpreadsCuisine: Mediterranean, VeganDifficulty: Easy
This spread is a quick and healthy solution for unexpected visitors.
On top of crunchy, warm sourdough bread and with a glass of red wine you will be the perfect host.
I also use it for my oven baked veggie platter or with pasta.
2red bell peppers
60 g of walnut kernels
2 tsp tomato paste
1 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
2 tbsp whole wheat breadcrumbs
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
0.5 tsp hot paprika powder
Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven grill. Halve, deseed, and wash the peppers and place them skin side up on a baking sheet.
- Roast under the grill on the top shelf for 6 to 8 minutes until the skin starts to blister black.
- Remove and let cool under a damp cloth for about 5 minutes, then skin.
- Cut the peppers into rough pieces. Roughly chop the walnuts. Finely puree the peppers, walnuts, tomato paste and olive oil in a tall mixing bowl using a hand blender.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs and season the spread with vinegar, paprika powder and salt.
- Pour into a clean jar.
- It stays fresh for 3 to 4 days when refrigerated.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts or pistachios, if desired, to serve.
- Nutritional values (per serving): 160 kcal, 3 g protein, 14 g fat, 3 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber