Spiced Butternut squash with Haloumi CheeseCourse: Main Dish; Vegetarian Dish;Difficulty: Easy
Let me introduce to you my mouthwatering Roasted Butternut Squash recipe, a nutritional powerhouse for women in perimenopause and menopause! This delightful dish is rich in vitamins A and C, essential for maintaining healthy skin and supporting the immune system. It’s also packed with magnesium and potassium, promoting bone strength and heart health. I like my butternut squash with a crunchy, green salad on the side. Embrace the benefits of this superfood and nourish your body with every delicious bite!
1 medium sized butternut squash
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp 5 spice powder
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
4 slices Haloumi Cheese
Zaataar spice mix or dried aromatic herbs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Season the Haloumi cheese with your choice of aromatic herbs, such as thyme, oregano, or marjoram. Drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle a pinch of salt. Alternatively, you can use a flavorful Zaa’tar spice mix to add a unique touch.
- Peel and slice the butternut squash, removing the seeds. Place in a bowl.
- Heat coconut oil in a saucepan, add 5 spice powder, curry powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Drizzle the spiced oil over the squash, ensuring even coating. Marinate.
- Arrange a parchment paper on a baking sheet, arrange the squash on it evenly and roast at 180°C for 30 mins until tender and caramelized.
- Pan-fry Haloumi cheese until golden. Add your favorite Zaa’tar spice mix for extra flair.
- Plate the roasted squash and pan-fried Haloumi together.
- Experience the delightful fusion of textures and flavors! Enjoy! 🌟🧀