Stuffed Omelet Mediterranean StyleCourse: Main Dish, Breakfast and SmoothiesCuisine: Mediterranean, VegetarianDifficulty: Easy
Here I present another wholesome, filling, and delicious dish for a Sunday brunch in good company. Remember that you can “expand” any dish, adding green leafy vegetables, such as lamb’s lettuce, rocket, baby spinach, or other veggies as sauteed green beans, green asparagus, broccoli florets….
100 g feta cheese (sheep or goat cheese)
2 dried tomatoes
2 fresh tomatoes
2 tbsp of mineral water
1 small bunch of basil leaves
2 tbsp canola oil
- Peel and chop the shallot.
- Crumble the feta cheese.
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into thin slices.
- Wash, cut in half, remove the seeds and finely chop the fresh tomatoes.
- Beat the eggs with salt, pepper and mineral water.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shallots until golden brown.
- Pour in the egg mixture, sprinkle with the feta cheese and tomatoes, add the basil leaves and let sit over low heat.
- Cut the tortilla in half and arrange on two plates.
- Tip: Due to its high content of unsaturated fats, especially alpha-linolenic acid (Omega-3), the consumption of canola oil has been linked to the reduction of cardiovascular pathologies. Canola oil also appears to improve insulin sensitivity, reducing the risk of diabetes.