Traditional Cauliflower Soup (Optional: Thermomix Recipe)Course: Salads and SoupsCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
80 g Leek (only the white part)
600 g diced cauliflower
350g Chicken or meat broth
2 Garlic cloves
1 Tbsp olive oil
- Finely chop the leek and garlic, and fry in a high saucepan in a little oil until soft.
- Add the cauliflower in pieces, salt, pepper, and cover with broth. Cook covered for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Rectify salt and blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- Preparation with Thermomix:
- Add chopped leek and garlic, 2 sec. vel.5. Lower the remains towards the blades, add the oil and poach, 6 min., Varoma, spoon velocity.
- Add the cauliflower pieces, chop 5 sec., vel.4.
- Add salt, pepper, and broth, 20 min., 100º, spoon velocity.
- Blend, 45 sec., progressive speed 5-10. Rectify salt and pepper.
- There are some vegetables that are particularly beneficial for menopausal women. This includes cruciferous vegetables. Cruciferous vegetables include: kale, cauliflower, broccoli, red cabbage, white cabbage, black cabbage, Brussels sprouts. Also cress, radish, radishes, pak choi, chard, rocket, sorrel and romaine lettuce. They are packed with vitamins, which are especially important during menopause. This includes folic acid, vitamins C, E, K, minerals, dietary fibers and valuable secondary plant substances. Cruciferous vegetables contain phytochemicals that metabolize substances in the gut that activate the body’s natural detoxification and antioxidant enzymes. Cruciferous vegetables support the body so effectively against cancer and harmful bacteria. Cruciferous vegetables also lower the risk of cardiovascular disease and have a positive effect on breast health: In the post-menopause, for example, eating broccoli increases a type of estrogen that protects against breast cancer.
- I love to add toasted pumpkin seeds over this soup.