Sunrise SmoothieCourse: Breakfast and SmoothiesCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
1 cup plant-based milk of your choice (without added sugar)
0,5 cup Kefir
1 scoop plant-based protein powder
1 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp seed mixture (flaxseeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds)
0,25 cup grated zucchini
1 cup cauliflower rice, frozen or fresh
0,5 orange, peeled
1 pinch turmeric powder
A few ice cubes
- Place ingredients into your blender. Do this in the order they are listed. Blend until smooth (maybe you need to pause halfway and scrape down the sides). If smoothie is too thick to your liking, you may add additional milk by 1/4 cup.
- If you like your smoothie sweeter, simply add a few drops of liquid stevia.
- KEFIR is a healthy fermented food with a consistency comparable to drinkable yogurt. This product is traditionally made from dairy milk, but plenty of nondairy options are available.
- ORANGES are a nutritional powerhouse, packed with vitamins and minerals. The most noteworthy of these is vitamin c, a water-soluble antioxidant that prevents cell damage. In addition to vitamin c, oranges have other nutrients that keep your body healthy. The fiber in oranges can keep blood sugar levels in balance and reduce high cholesterol to prevent cardiovascular disease. Oranges provide calcium for our bone health and potassium, a mineral that regulates heartbeat and muscle function. It’s been shown to lower blood pressure in people with hypertension.
- CAULIFLOWER is a cruciferous vegetable such as B. broccoli or kale. With only 22 kcal per 100 g, it is a very low-energy food. It provides 1.9 g protein, 2 g carbohydrates and practically no fat per 100 g. In addition, cauliflower contains many vitamins (B, C and K) and minerals. The contained secondary plant substances sulforaphane and indole-3-carbinol reduce inflammation in the body and in the intestine and serve as a growth-promoting messenger for the intestinal cells. It is one of the antioxidants in the organosulfide group.